Kitchen Ring wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm doing a refit of existing kitchen and will be going to bear bones and plugs/socket work.

thumbnail_image002-2.png
Digram of existing sockets is above (not to scale)

My questions for anyone who is willing to help;

1. I need to move the fuse spur for the fridge (not shown plug behind fridge I'm assuming is there). This needs to move right about 30 odd CM's to accommodate new cupboards. Am I going to need to channel out and relay this cable to extend back to the main ring? OR Can I wire into this existing and chain to a new socket?
2. I'd like a socket next to the fuse spur I need to move, is this going to be feasible ?
3. I've got under cabinet lights I'm seeing connected to a fuse spur, i'm thinking this might be moveable to the Radial lighting circuit rather than off mains, is this going to be changeable to a 2 gang ?
4. Where do you think the wiring routes here? is there any particular standard for this? I'm trying to work out what I've got to channel out.

I will be getting this all signed off and verified first of all, luckily I have a qualified friend :) I'm just trying to work out this stuff and think on my own two feet.

Sponsored Links
In general, and particularly for kitchens, it's easier, quicker and cheaper to scrap what's there and start again by installing exactly what you want.

As for where the existing wiring is and might be connected, and could be relocated to -
and that's before the usual mess of kitchen fitter / DIY wiring with bare chocblocks buried in the walls, wiring of the wrong size, wrong type and in the wrong places.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the errr help lol.

I need to get gutting out first to gauge wiring changes.

What he said about scrapping it and starting again. Decide where you want sockets, switches etc. then let your qualified friend design the scheme so it complies. You'll need to budget for RCD protection for the whole job as well (assuming there isn't already RCD/RCBO on the kitchen RFC/spur/whatever it is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back