Kitchen Sink under window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just had an unusual enquiry from a local tennant;evidently she has just had a visit from the local authority's contractor's liaison officer who are responsible for carrying out kitchen/bathroom renovations on the estate. Now comes thepoint of this post,according to this liaison officer it is in breach of health and safety regulations to have asink unit
"under the window" . Personally i am of the opinion that she's full of sh**e ,can anybody shed any light on current building reg's regarding this matter. Thanks in anticipation
Keith.

Sponsored Links
which health and safety regs. unless the home is a workplace then health and safety regs wont apply there.

Its cobblers, there's no reason whatsoever a sink can't be installed under a window, in fact when designing kitchen layouts its desirable, lights up your washing up and gives you something to gawp at when doing the dastardly deed, like eyeing up the totty that walks past my kitchen window. :D

Sponsored Links
Asolute B****CKS

The only thing I can think of is you might slip and crack your chin on the sink whilst trying to open the window :oops:

or

end up with the thousand yard stare out the window coz you're always in the s**t with the wife and she always makes you do the washing up as a punishment or else no nooky :D

Seems to me that this person is purely trying to justify their grossly inflated salary as a civil servant and I bet you a monkey he/she have their sink under the window at home :LOL:

Maybe they meant a sink on the external wall, under a window which is 3 floors up? I can see the potential risks :LOL:

pull the curtains ..that`ll shed some light

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back