Kitchen sink waste replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a Blanco stainless kitchen sink which has an overflow feeding back to the outlet which is constantly getting black, both in the overflow pipe and the area below the plug. The sink also has a small half bowl, this doesn't have an overflow but the drain has what looks the same as the other bowl and is also going black.
Can I ask if these can be replaced with another which doesn't have the overflow feed and hopefully minimise this problem. It is difficult to squeeze bleach into this area and access is minimal to try and use pipicleaners.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
But if you don't have the overflow facility, you'll get splash coming through the overflow hole in the sink? Sorry if I'm missing something!
I manage to squirt Domestos down mine without any problems.
John :)

Hi,
Was thinking of blanking the sink overflow. I have used a whole bottle of domestos but it doesn't quite get to where its needed, I have bought a syringe and tubing and will give it a try but a simple waste would be preferable which doesn't have that hard to clean area if one exists.

There are sink wastes - basket or normal - with or without the overflow connection. Just for interest, how do you propose to blank off the sink overflow? Not the easiest for access!

Sponsored Links
Hi John,
I thought there maybe a blanking plug, like the ones used for where taps need to be blanked.

You might get lucky - my own Blanco has the overflow at the front, right of the main bowl and it is round. If the overflow was removed, a tap blanking plate could fit.
I guess if you can't find anything, the overflow could be undone, filled with silicone and then refitted.

Sounds the same but is it possible to source and fit the strainer/waste outlet with one that doesnt't have that hidden area that cannot be easily cleaned?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back