Kitchen strip light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Complete novice here so please excuse. I've just changed the starter on a kitchen strip light. As the existing starter had dissapeared into the frame of this light I had to remove the tube and the bottom of the frame. When putting it back the earth (green and yellow) wire was hanging loose with a loop at its end. I'm not sure if this was connected to something, whether the loop is because it was round the screw holding the base to the frame, or whether it is effectively "dead" and it doesn't really matter where it goes. For now I've put the base of the frame back with the screw going into the frame and then through this loop. it seems ok but I'm not going to get a shock if ever I touch the frame of the light am I?
Sorry for stupid question but I would appreciate help.

Sponsored Links
Will borrow my sons digital camera tomorrow and post a picture sometime in the afternoon.
Thanks

It sounds like the earth strap for the metal cover. Is there a "spade socket" crimped on the end of it?

Sponsored Links
Thats what I was thinking too, but on the other hand I was thinking it could be the earth to the light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back