Kitchen Switch - Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My neighbour is having a problem with their Washing machine switch - which occassionally trips out. We thought it could be the fuse but am not sure where that is and am a bit confused. Want to sort before it possibly becomes a bigger problem.

I have added a picture.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Need more info.

When you say trips, do you mean the mcb pops or the rcd?

Does the trip happen when both the dish washer and washing machine are on at the same time?

Could you explain under what situations the trip happens?

Need more info.

When you say trips, do you mean the mcb pops or the rcd?

Does the trip happen when both the dish washer and washing machine are on at the same time?

Could you explain under what situations the trip happens?

Thanks for your response, usually there is a spark and all electric switches downstair go off, and need to be re-set by the main fuse box.

This is not everytime the Washing machine goes on the dishwasher is not working at the moment.

Could be the switch or termination on to it.

Isolate the circuit, as a temp measure swap the wires from the suspect switch with one of the known working ok ones and see if the fault clears or repeats.

Sponsored Links
Chris5 - i hope im not breaking any rules but do you have a website or contact details pls?

My neighbour is having a problem with their Washing machine switch - which occassionally trips out. We thought it could be the fuse but am not sure where that is and am a bit confused. Want to sort before it possibly becomes a bigger problem.

Likely to be a loose connection at the switch or damaged contacts.
So you would require to isolate circuit, so some investigation can take place.
Prove the circuit is dead, by means of approved voltage indictor (not mickey mouse neon) then check for loose connection or burnt contacts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back