Kitchen tap handle not coming off (grub screw)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a dripping tap which I am trying to replace the washer on and need help with removing the tap handle please!

Apparently once the grub screw is removed the handle should come off but it is stuck on as firmly as it was before even though I have removed the screw.

I sprayed on some WD40 in case it just needed loosening up but that didn't do anything. There's no give with it at all, it's as if I haven't removed the screw. I've tried with both the hot & cold tap and they have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Picture of my taps attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 417
Sponsored Links
They are quarter turn ceramic disc valves. No washer to replace , usually need to replace the valves.

You can try soaking in white vinegar or descaler like Viacal wrap an old rag around soak it and leave overnight.
As said though so many different ceramic inserts you may as well change the tap, unless it is a branded expensive one then try the makers.

Sponsored Links
OK thanks all for your advice, sounds like new taps are the best way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back