kitchen tiling surface options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've just removed the tiles off the wall in my kitchen. Once the new kitchen's in I'm going to replace them with tiles half way up the wall and painted above. I was thinking of boarding up the whole wall with WBP ply, tiling, and then painting the bare ply area. I don't really want to replace with new plasterboard as I'm not too keen on getting the painted area skimmed.

I cant remove the old plasterboard as it's been dot + dabbed and will be a nightmare to remove.

Any ideas? What would you do?

cheers,
oly

View media item 69321 [/img]

Sponsored Links
its very easy to remove dot/dabbed p/board...!!!
and even easier to put back onto the wall..dot/dab or stud the wall out...

what your wanting to do...no.. :eek:

just do it right first time and you will have peice off mind...

Sponsored Links
a good coat of WBA or BOND IT to key the wall then two coat skim the lot if plaster the full room nothing worse then a unfinished room with the new kitchen/bathroom suite inplace now having to plaster/paint round it

just empty the room and get it skimmed then paint then fit the kitchen then tile sorted

Just saying thats all you have to take my advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back