Kitchen unit come away from plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my wall mounted kitchen unit has come away from the plasterboard. The plasterboard worm have ripped out of the plasterboard. I cant seem to find any stud work.
Any ideas on the best fixing, as the brackets really need to stay were they are so everything lines up.
Any ideas of where I can get a Cabinet Hanging Rail from? Do the likes of B&Q stock them, as up to now I can only find this company that stocks them:

http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php?products_id=193&Name=Cabinet+Hanging+Rail+-+2.5mt.+-+Steel

Sponsored Links
Has the plasterboard come away from a stud wall? or from a solid wall its been dot&dab onto?

The cabinet rail is really good, I got some from Woodfit. However it is much cheaper from BK ServicesOnline. Get the metal adjustable hangers, not plastic ones. The metal hanger and rail are very strong but you have GOT to fix it securely to the wall surface, not just plasterboard. It has lots of screwholes so you will be able to fix it well. You will have to use long plugs and screws.

Sponsored Links
Hi, its an internal wall in a new build apartment. There is approximately 3 inch gap between the plasterboard, and i think its paper lined. I cant find any stud work, and presume its going to metal anyway.
He didn't tell us that :(

haven't been there for a long time

Thanks for the information, going to knock out the plasterboard, where the kitchen cupboard will sit, and fit some baton behind the plaster board. I have purchased a rail from Howdens which was a fraction of the price of the ones on the net. Then I am going to screw it straight into the batten, and through the plasterboard, using dry line screws.
At the bottom of the cupboard I may put a piece of baton, underneath it, and secure using dry line screws.
Cant decide if I should mount a large sheet of thin plywood, cut to size behind the cupboard first, and attach the cupboards through that.
That was me on the other site, cant have enough information can you, and the customer service seems to be getting worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back