Kitchen wall tiles removed- Now i need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We are getting a new kitchen fitted soon and the kitchen company suggested it would be best to remove the wall tiles before they install as we plan to put new tiles in place.
I have now removed them from the wall and in doing so they have come off fairly easy in places and in others they have ripped the plasterboard and gone down to the honeycomb effect.
Question is , we are re-tiling once kitchen is done so what product / method do i use to fill this damage ????????
Not looking to cut out and replace plaster board as the major damage is only in areas of around 10" x 10"

Sponsored Links
If the areas are less than about 5mm deep, fill in with finish plaster. If deeper, use one coat plaster. Which ever you use, pva the areas to be filled first.

Managed to add a pic.
Do i need to put new piece of plasterboard on or is there a plaster that i can use to bring back level.
Wall is a stud wall, Utility on the other side
of=50,590,441

Sponsored Links
Cheers,
Sounding better now
Is there a particular product you can recommend bearing in mind i wil be off to BNQ in the morning.
Plus i guess quality of coverage aint really a problem as i will be tiling over.

So...................
Went to local smorn and being took a back with the vast range i decided to go and have a pint instead.
I do not have a clue as to what product to buy, would prefer a pre mixed tub so i can just whack the stuff on and tile over when dry but will this give good adhesion later on ????
Help please ?

Steer clear of pre-mixed tackle. Get yourself a brand name one coat plaster in powder format and use that.

Why didn't the kitchen company do it?

Time and cost basically, didn't expect the result to be as bad as shown.
Will save £1000 by removing and fitting new tiles myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back