Kitchen wiring plans

<a repeat of what he wrote in his previous message>
I don't think I understand your point. If you wired a ring in 4mm² cable and then cut one of the return legs, you'd have a radial with at least the same (current supplying) capabilities as the ring had, without any need for having any "bits hanging off it and wandering away in strange directions". Eric would probably warn that one could run into problems with Zs and/or VD with a radial, but I think he must deal with very long circuits :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Small point re cable route. The horizontal length under the window. Will this cable be on teh surface and behind kitchen cupboards, or buried in the wall and plastered over?

Small point re cable route. The horizontal length under the window. Will this cable be on teh surface and behind kitchen cupboards, or buried in the wall and plastered over?

just behind the cupboards tacked on the wall. Not buried.

Sponsored Links
I like to have the cooker hood on the cooker circuit but that's up to you.

If there is a gas hob and oven, as opposed to a cooker, I prefer to wire the hood independent of the cooker circuit because if the cooker circuit goes down, you still have a working extractor for the hob.

I was thinking of all electric; doesn't matter with gas. :)

I've never had to do it but imagine turning them all off with one flick better in an emergency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back