Kitchen Wiring

Thanks for all the advice.

We are between exchange and completing now, so the house is empty for the next couple of weeks. The whole house needs modernising and I bought the house with the intent and at the price to do so.

Is the periodic inspection like a survey for the electrics? Is this what you use a basis for deciding what other works need to be completed? For example would it tell me that the whole house needs a re-wire?

A periodic will give you a professional OPINION on the condition of your installation, it will take into account both safety and compliance with the current wiring regulations. It will give you the best platform from which you can make your decisions.
An electrician shouldn't 'tell' you it needs a rewire, but just give you the best advice (s)he can with the experience they have gained.

If the property is empty then I would advise that you consider the extreme amount of work that both a) require and b) want to have done.

Sponsored Links
I was reading some where on the net that if you come across bs 3871 fuses (i think thats what these are) that you should replace them, due to the tripping mechanism getting stuck.
Since nobody has brought that up, is that information incorrect (the replacing bit)

The breakers in the pic are to BS3871, its certainly not the case that breakers to BS3871 need to be replaced (that would be 100s of thousands of devices by 10s of manufacturers in all....), its possible that there could be something in it w/r/t to the wylex push button breakers (though I've heard nothing to suggest that... its the nsbs from last year you should be careful off :LOL: ... other to wonder whether these push button breakers will trip internally if the button is held in... anyone know?)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back