Kitchen worktop join not waterproof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a kitchen fitted last year and the join between the worktops near the sink has now got a small bubble where the laminate has lifted slightly. Is it too late to do anything about this? I imagine it was not sealed correctly or joined exactly. Does it mean getting a whole new worktop and starting again?

Sponsored Links
it means that water has been left to sit on the joint,so it soaks into the joint itself,you might be able to press it back down (if you know what your doing)using a blunt chisel then wiping a bit more colourfil into the joint.

i fitted a kitchen for someone a couple years ago,with a problem like this and they tried to blame me,the fact that they had a mat over the joint that the kettle sat on and they were spilling water every where and never cleaned it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back