Kitchen Worktop Pass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have had a few quotes for new kitchens, one designer told me they could not create a diagonal passage on the internal doorway to my kitchen like I have now (has no internal door) due to building regs requiring it to be 600mm?

Others have been fine with replicating the same layout, however my preferred designer is the one who says it is not allowed.

Don't want to lose space at this doorway, really want to make the most of the wall space. Existing gap is 420mm. This leads to the kitchen door and out of the house, the only other exit being the patio door.

Picture here (excuse the mess whilst we empty the kitchen):
View media item 41543
Thanks in advance guys[/img]

Sponsored Links
I hate the layout.

Here's an idea, not knowing the size or layout of the rest of the kitchen.

Can you ditch the units on the left, and place them within an island coming off the front of where the cooker is now? The layout would still be similar, but just have a 3ft gap between the top and the wall there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back