Klargester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm not sure where to place this one.

Which way should the wheel turn in a Klargester BioDisc?

My electrician changed the motor 6 months ago.

I've just had a belt. snap, which I put down to a full tank.

As you do when you have it open, I was watching the wheels move and it has 2 little cups on the side , which I guess are for introducing air into the mix. My disc turns so that the bottom of the cup hits the water first and the air escapes at the surface as the cup submerges. I would of thought that if the cup goes in open side first the air is trapped and gets released at the bottom of the mix as the cup starts on its way back up.

Is it possible my wheel is turning the wrong way? If so how do I reverse it??

Cheers,
Jez.

Sponsored Links
If it's 3 phase swap 2 of the motor wires.

Sponsored Links
If the motor has a run capacitor then it may be possible to change the direction of rotation by re-arranging the connections in the terminal box on the motor.

A run capacitor is in circuit all the time unlike a start capacitor which is switched out once the motor is running. Details of the make and type of the motor will help to provide more advice as to whether the direction can be changed.

If it's single phase then it must be running the correct way, my simple understanding (happy to be corrected) is that without swapping the windings leads around, it couldn't be reversed. So presuming the motor can only go in one way and cannot be physically reversed, then I'd be confident it's doing what it should.

is that without swapping the windings leads around, it couldn't be reversed.
True but many general purpose motor are constructed in a way that makes it easy to change the direction of rotation by moving links on a set of terminals.

This is a typical set up
motor reversal.jpg

That said make sure the motor is a reversable motor with two equal run windings and not a motor with a run winding and a start winding where the start winding is smaller than the run winding.

Quite a process and therefore unlikely the electrician would have performed those modifications for the OP's straightforward motor swap by the looks of it.

Thanks guys, I've learned something today ;). Probably a call to Klargester will be the answer.

I know this is an old thread, but the diagram may be useful to others.
I am refurbing a Biodisc BB at the Moment including wiring in a consumer unit and Motor.
From the above drawing swapping the motor connections for U2 and Z2 should reverse the direction.

And the little buckets should pick up effluent and drop it into the next stage towards the motor.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back