Knackered bathroom walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was removing the tiles in the bathroom ready for a total re-vamp when the render behind the tiles came off with them, understandably I am mildly panicked!! Can anyone recommend either aquaboard or plasterboard to fix said massive hole (right down to the brickwork) also I will be tiling on to the existing walls all the way round, will it be ok to do this? The tiles are large and porcelain and I would be mortified to break 1 or maybe 2, possibly 3...................................

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hi there

firstly you can do a thing called dot and dab, size the walls with plasterers adhesive, when this becomes tacky, make up the mixture you purchased from bq, dot onto the back of the aqua boards and press onto the walls make sure all is even. ;) ;) ;)

Hello again...

I realise this thread started before my reply to your post in Plastering and Rendering but I was wondering how you were getting on with the tiling Sticky and archived posts?

I think the best thing you can do is have a look through that and ask questions in that forum. The guys over there really do need to know their substrates inside out and will be the best equipped to answer further queries. ;)

BTW the mods are less than keen on duplicate threads :eek: so don't panic of one goes AWOL....

K

Don’t skim, don’t render, don’t plasterboard, don’t do anything else until you’ve done some more research; read the Tiling Forum sticky & archive posts & then post on the Tiling Forum the scope of your project & what you want to achieve. It could prevent you making some disastrous & potentially expensive mistakes.

Sponsored Links
Back