Labour - Estimate of Time?

Sponsored Links
..and this is why customers are often taken for a ride on the unnecessary costs.

You said above >YOU< could powerflush in half a day, fit the boiler in half a day. So one full days work, I assume you work alone? I make that one day even including the powerflush, versus the four man days the OP has been quoted.

I agree completely with your estimate of the time required to do the job.

I know of people fitting one boiler in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Not me.

I did say after fitting boiler cement flue Commission then clear up and of course the installation needs registering with Gas safe and the boiler manufacturer.

To do a PF in the morning and a boiler in the afternoon would be by far to much of a hard day's work for me.

Sponsored Links
To do a PF in the morning and a boiler in the afternoon would be by far to much of a hard day's work for me.

But none the less doable, if a straightforward install and especially if the owner makes it easy for you?

No, no no - Supervisory and commercial, is all I am prepared to say.

Big Company's who fit 100s of boilers get privileged treatment from the boiler manufacturer who will overlook problems caused by bad installation.

All these boilers you supervised, was the installer held accountable in any way after they walked away from site? Did they personally have to register the installation?

My phone is turned on and with me 24 hours a day. Where ever I'm am in the world.
If I do a job, I'm accountable I have to offer a guarantee, if the boiler or any of the controls or fittings fail, I need to go and sort it out.
If the manufacturer deems that a boiler breakdown is due to my poor installation I have to then offer and explanation to my customer.

Or I could just do a breaking bad and chuck my phone away after every bad installation ....

It's a like for like swap of a boiler, how much easier can it be? The gas should not be undersized, the condense should be fine, it takes minutes to add a filter, if indeed it is lacking one.
Does it have a condensate already ? does it need scaffolding for the flue, is the same boiler still available ? is it a vertical flue needing access to the roof, a system with 4 rads needs the same pipes as a system with 14 rads, the simple answer is you havent a clue because you havent seen the job, but you can contradict the professionals that have

I think ultimately the Quote is what it is.
Be it one or two days

It's down to the OP to accept or not.

I'd just expect the job done well over two days.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back