Ladders without wide stabiliser? On way out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As arborist and later HETAS installer I have some experience of ladders at work. Home use only now, I was thinking I would treat myself to a certain brand that I have liked/trusted.
Seems hard to find one without bloody great wide stabiliser bar thing on the base. And they don't come with rubber shoes for when you have to remove the bar?
What's up with that?

Sponsored Links
sorry if you've already looked but Try lyte, i got a good extension ladder and a couple of step ups from them and they were very good, without any funny bars on them.
Similar price to the equivalent Wickes one but much better quality.

Thanks for the recommendation . I bought another recommended brand which was on basis that the rungs are D shaped. Welsh firm- Thomas something.
Anyway, it does have the broad bar/ stabiliser at the base and it seems very good quality. The d shaped rungs are great. Glad I went for it as spending time on an edge- square shape is really uncomfortable imo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back