laminate bathroom floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am laying a laminate floor in my bathroom, could anyone tell me if it is necessary to have an expansion area all the way around as the laminate is only going part way under the bath so any expanding could be done there. Thanks in advance :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No, you need expansion gaps all around. (Even around toilet-pan, washbasin stand if applicable).

don't' use cork strips to fill expansion gaps (like some do).

Will a laminate floor in a bathroom be dangerously slippy?

probably, depending on how wet, have ypu also got "bathroom laminate floor"? i read on here there is one for bathrooms

Sponsored Links
Thanks once again for your advice, woodulike, I'll make sure I put expansion areas all the way round. I have bought a trim to cover the gaps. To the others - This laminate is for kitchens and bathrooms and I have used it in a previous bathroom, unless you have carpet I think any flooring is slippery if you get water on it although this one doesn't seem too bad. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back