Laminate floor finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice on this enquiry.

I recently laminated my living room floor which all went swimmingly apart from one tricky problem. I have a spiral stairway in my house which is supported by a couple of beams fixed to the floor. Now the fixings are square with 4 bolts on each corner and I estimate about 9" squared in area. Now I had to cut the laminate round these beasts but have no idea what to place over the top to hide the fixings.

Does anyone have an idea what might look good and cover the stair fixings. One thought was to fill the holes, the fixings sit a few mms below the laminate, with a filler that matches the floor colour but didn't know what to use and if it would look naff. Is there such a thing as laminate paper or something that I could cut and stick over?

Thanks again :confused:

Russell.

Sponsored Links
get 2 pieces of flooring so they form a square 1"bigger than the collum with join half way across
clean up and bevel the exposed edges and possible cut the corners at an angle you could also make the1" bigger or smaller according to taste
make sure the centre square is 3mm [total]larger than the collum
paint the exposed edges if required with neutral colour in the flooring or in the room or possibly the colour of the metal its self
click or glue the two halves together avoiding glue on the lamanate underneath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back