Laminate flooring at kitchen end panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I fitted the kitchen I now need to fit laminate floor, probably quickstep.
The lines of units have end panels and two of them are weight-bearing as appliances will be next to them.
How do I fit the laminate up to the panels ideally without using beading?
Thanks.
IMG_2963.JPG

Sponsored Links
Take them off and cut them and fit Laminate under them.

Cheers. For two of them thats possible but for another two its not as they are conventional base units, and one espcially ain't coming off (due to an awkward alcove).

Choices are undercut them with fein multitool of similar or scotia which you don’t like.

Sponsored Links
So...the appliance end panels I should undercut with a multi-tool (I assume thats what you meant). So the panels would only be attatched only to the worktop and wall? They'd really just be resting on the laminate?

The unit end panels could I partially undercut, say 5mm, and slot the laminate underneath a bit or is that naff!?

I would cut flush, makes it easier to take up when the fridge leaks and destroys the laminate .

I took mine off and trimmed them down. As there are angle brackets to hold it in place on the floor, I moved these towards the back and fitted a bit of wood for it to rest on and to allow me to screw these into the floorboards rather than through the laminate

Attachments

• IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 767
You could add decorative end panels to the two base units to match the existing, will look nicer and be consistent with the rest of the kitchen, fixing from the inside and raised slightly off the floor.

With the other two panels, as advised, either undercut, or flush cut and beading. Angle brackets can be used to fix to wall (from the inside of the panel), and likewise on the floor as Azlog suggests (or a variation of it without the angle brackets) again on the inside of the panel.

I get (got) a neater finish, as a DIYER, with a sharp handsaw, cutting carefully, than I can with a multi tool.

Cheers,

Blup

I took mine off and trimmed them down. As there are angle brackets to hold it in place on the floor, I moved these towards the back and fitted a bit of wood for it to rest on and to allow me to screw these into the floorboards rather than through the laminate

Good idea, a hydrid which provides some support not just relying on the wall.

You could add decorative end panels to the two base units to match the existing, will look nicer and be consistent with the rest of the kitchen, fixing from the inside and raised slightly off the floor.

With the other two panels, as advised, either undercut, or flush cut and beading. Angle brackets can be used to fix to wall (from the inside of the panel), and likewise on the floor as Azlog suggests (or a variation of it without the angle brackets) again on the inside of the panel.

I get (got) a neater finish, as a DIYER, with a sharp handsaw, cutting carefully, than I can with a multi tool.

Cheers,

Blup

the two i can take out ill probably use a circular saw, the ones i cant maybe a pull saw??

Remember with a circular saw, the breakout is on the upper surface being cut so "good" side needs to be underneath.

Have never tried a pull saw if you mean the Japanese type, that will also breakout on the surface, I believe they are quite flimsy. The difficulty of cutting in situ, if you don't want beading, is why I suggested new end panels.

Wolfcraft do a veneer type saw (6925000) which is an option, the blade is quite stiff.

Good luck

$_14.JPG

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back