Laminate Flooring Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

i'm planning to lay Laminate flooring though my hallway and downstairs cloakroom, and running into my dining room at the back of the house.

I just wondered if anyone had any good recommendations of the stuff i should be buying. I like the idea of a 'click' system as i have layed this in a small room in the past. I don't want anything too expensive just 'middle of the road'. I don't mind ordering off the internet but its quite nice to be able to see what you're getting first.

Also what is the best underlay to use. I have some of the 7mm 'woodchip' type tiles from B&Q, but i could easily take that back.

All advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That's the 'widest' question you can ask :D
In the end it's down to personal taste, budget and DIY-skills.
Consercing your underlayment, that depents on the kind and the quality of underfloor you have: floorboards, sheet material, concrete/screed?
7mm underlayment is quite high and could make your floor 'bounce', specially when you use thin Melamine Laminated flooring (8mm total thickness).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back