Laminate flooring trim problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am looking for alternatives to nails for attaching wall trims (convex moulding approximately 19mm wide 2400mm long 20mm high pictures below) to skirting boards to cover gaps I have left to allow for expansion of the laminate flooring.

I've been laying laminate flooring for my grandmother and all I have left to do is cut and attach the wall trims to the skirting boards, however, the trims have bent (warped see picture).

I intend to use liquid nails (strong adhesive) to attach it to the walls. While the liquid nails is curing I've been experimenting with weights to hold the trims firm against the skirting boards, however, as of yet I am unable to come up with a way that will hold it firm.

The reason I do not want to use nails is the trim came with a plastic coating which may split if we put nails into the trim as well as we do not want the nails or nail holes to be visible once they are attached.

I want to know what options I have for holding the trims firm against the wall while they glue cures without using nails.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am currently a bit lost as to where to proceed from here. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
are they wood or foam filled??

i would personally use 30mm pins knocked below the surface and filled

Normally like all, normally I would use pins, but you could try double sided carpet layers tape to both the floor and skirting, that way you'll still have an allowance for some movement...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back