Laminate Flooring Underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdo...

Am away to lay laminate flooring in my bedroom..... :D

Just wondered if it would be possible to put some kind of special underlay down to help reduce drafts, instead of a normal one.

Am putting the flooring down on floorboards.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Melamine Laminate flooring is thin (8mm tops). Using thicker sound insulation might cause the floor to 'bounce'. The normal foam underlayment (2 - 3mm) would 'kill' draft also, if installed correctly of course

:rolleyes: I've seen laminate flooring laid on top of carpet on more than one occasion, as the mum's seemed to like doing it for their toddlers, it created an almost bouncy surface....! :eek:

All depends on how thick your wallet is, i splasehed out and bought some good quality thick underaly, about £15 a pack, needed 6 packs for the floor and now the laminates down it feels really good, no bounce, no echo and no draughts.

Sponsored Links
LearnerPlumber said:
:rolleyes: I've seen laminate flooring laid on top of carpet on more than one occasion, as the mum's seemed to like doing it for their toddlers, it created an almost bouncy surface....! :eek:
Lets hope the kids don't have Asthma or are allergic to house mite dust.
Flooring over carpet??????? Health-risk!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back