Laminate Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to lay laminate flooring, I have read how to do this, and find conflicting information on the direction to lay the boards, The first direction I read about was laying the laminate across the original boards, (this seemed to make sense to me on grounds of strength & removing irregularities), then I read to lay it going along the longest wall. Does it really make a difference or is it purely aesthetic?

Sponsored Links
DIYERSTEVE said:
Does it really make a difference or is it purely aesthetic?
Basically just for apearance, I find it best to put the woodgrain along to the longest wall, tend to feel better and make the room bigger.

I agree with mason, it looks better if you lay them along the longest wall. You can also, if you fancy it, lay them 45 degrees. A lot of hardwork cutting though!

I presume you are using some kind of underlay between the old floor and the new?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back