Laminate price that Includes fitting, underlay and accessories.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on this store http://www.floorstoregroup.com/store/-c21350163, they are selling laminate flooring and prices include fitting, beading, door bars and underlay it doesn’t say what type of underlay though... I checked out their facebook page and they seem to have mostly good reviews, they have two shops that can be visited one is not far from me. The laminate I am interested in is the 8mm Swiss Synchrome and the 10mm Amazone by Kronotex. It seems like a really good deal but is it to good to be true? I usually copy and paste the VAT Numbers of store's into this http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/ to check if its safe but they don't seem to have one on the site. Or would I just be safer going to carpetright. :/

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't be safer going with carpet right.
Why not find a local company who use their own fitters and not sub contractors.
Have a look on the quickstep website at local fitters in your area. All of there all good fitters and can fit any laminate.

And a local company will probably be cheaper in the long run - the price they quote may seem to be higher but it will most likely include underlay and fitting which the big companies add on...

Sponsored Links
I don't think that floorstoregroup site is too bad, tbh. They were after 25 a metre all in, and a couple of other sites I checked to get an idea on pricing for the flooring you've picked showed the raw materials to be half that (with the supply only profit, of course), so it leaves £12.50 a metre for underlay, beading and fitting.. That's about on par with what trades local to me charge for fitting laminate, and certainly I wouldn't be getting down on my knees myself for a tennner a metre any more (been there, done that when I was in my early twenties, fitting laminate as a labourer.. 250 quid a week too. After 6 weeks I was offered 500 a week cash in hand if I bought my own tools; he was prepared to let me do jobs solo. Funny, I've only just really beaten that take home rate of pay now..)

So yeah, I wouldn't judge the floorstoregroup guys too harshly, they don't seem to be a big chain. You'll definitely get screwed over going to carpet right, as all the "free fitting" in the world doesn't pay for a massive tin roofed warehouse that's lovely and warm for you to wander round midwinter, hearing the hard sales pitch. Probably takes 4 jobs a month just to pay for the heating..

You say these stores are local, call in and see what theyre like, ask to see examples of local fittings; a fancy website is mandatory these days, whether it's a decent, reasonably priced family business, or a massively overpriced warehouse setup pandering to the whims of an endless influx of range rover drivers..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back