Laminate Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am going to be fitting a new Wickes kitchen at home soon and the missus wants laminate flooring putting down as well.

My question is as I will not be going wall to wall because a large section will be covered by floor units do I still have to leave an expansion gap all the way round or can I butt the edge of the laminate up to the two walls I would like to so I don't have to have any beading ?

Sponsored Links
Take your skirts off then mate.
On kitchen side try to leave the end panels off so you can fit under them

Thanks for that but the 2 walls in question dont have any skirts where the doors are sorry should have made that clear.

Sponsored Links
By taking your skirtings off as dazlight advises you can have your expansion gap covered by the replaced skirting.
Your laminate must have an expansion gap of 10mm to 15mm to all edges - no exceptions.
Any wall without skirting can have scotia beading fixed as a cover for the gap.

Door thresholds will typically have a Threshold Transition strip which will allow for expansion on the laminate side. google pics of them, you might get one to match your laminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back