Laminate up to UPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’m currently doing the living room, going to be installing laminate, can anyone recommend what’s best to transition up to the patio doors.
Currently there is a length of board against the UVPC but I would like to remove it as it’s worn. Could replace it with similar but I’m probably going to lay the laminate from the doors inwards so how could I get this to work?

7415A3B8-65E9-4589-8240-4006F7B19741.jpeg
0249B5BC-2A1B-490D-8C8F-C600E14A9DC1.jpeg
A4A9D437-711B-4947-8F62-D49EC80E8E25.jpeg

Am I right in saying the laminate shouldn’t be laid right up to the door due to condensation issues?

Also can anyone recommend a compound or similar to repair the damaged subfloor up against the walls?
23B14E80-97CE-4E6C-B61B-A19A8A94128C.jpeg

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you remove the wood and the concrete it sits on, you should be able to either fit the laminate close to the UPVC lip thats already there and fit a square nosing, or if careful you could knock the boards under the lip that exisits leaving as much expansion as possible, lip the flooring under the existing plastic quadrant and silicone any gap.

It would also be possible to remove the plastic trim itself, fit the floor and refit the existing or a new window trim.

You will need a Damp Membrane or underlay with built in membrane and with a decent expanion gap at that door you shouldnt have too many mositure issues.

Use a good moisture tolerant screed around the edge, it needs to be level but not billiard table smooth as the underlay and skirtings will take out most minor imperfections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back