LAN settings?

The "Dos" window should be called command line interface (CLI) and is often called "Command Prompt" sometimes one can use the "Run" on start.

Under Start, Settings, then Network Connections, you may find "Local Area Connection" this on my PC has two tabs and with "Support" tab you see:-
IP address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway and this will show the IP address of your router 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 are common some also use 10.0.0.1 I hope that helps you find the address.
There seems to be a 101 ways to get same info so I am sure you will find it.

Sponsored Links
The "Dos" window should be called command line interface (CLI) and is often called "Command Prompt" sometimes one can use the "Run" on start.

Under Start, Settings, then Network Connections, you may find "Local Area Connection" this on my PC has two tabs and with "Support" tab you see:-
IP address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway and this will show the IP address of your router 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 are common some also use 10.0.0.1 I hope that helps you find the address.
There seems to be a 101 ways to get same info so I am sure you will find it.

This wont work UNLESS there is a static IP address set.
If not the DHCP will be turned on.

The DOS prompt should work no matter what this is set to?

Right then, the good news is that I can now connect the phone to the router!

When I set up the router I was able to enter my own password. When I entered my password into the phone it started working.

Odd to call it a "key" though?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't connect to AOL, open internet explorer and type in 192.168.0.1 into the address bar at the top.
This should ask you for the username and password which are should be printed on your router, default for my netgear is admin and password

Right then, the good news is that I can now connect the phone to the router!

When I set up the router I was able to enter my own password. When I entered my password into the phone it started working.

Odd to call it a "key" though?

Tony

WPA / PSK ( Pre-shared KEY )

Pleased your sorted out...

Back