Land Registry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am in the process of selling my house but my land register has highlighted my next door neighbours house :confused: How will this affect my sale?

Mathy

Sponsored Links
Can you explain what on earth you are talking about?

Highlighted your neighbours house?

How? in what way highlighted?

Explain it a bit more if you want some information.

The ordanance survey map that highlights the boundary of my land is showing my next door neighbours house and not mine!
Is this clearer!

have they highlighted the wrong house or given you the details for next door??

Sponsored Links
was it on line or through the post???

can you say highlight the other connecting buildings in the same colour and yours in another ??

Hi Big all
We got them through the post.
The land register map shows all the houses on my street and they are obviously all drawn in black and to identify any house they highlight it in pink but they have highlighted my next door neighbours house instead and it has my address on the register map.
Mathy

as i say highlight the houses each side and yours differently after phoning them and checking first in case there's legal implications :D
they will probably just send you another copy that's correct

This all depends if they have made a mistake and sent you the wrong title map or if your house was incorrectly registered in the first place. You need to get on the phone and find out which it is. If it's an error tell them to get the right map in the post immediately. If it's an incorrect registration it needs to be sorted. Your sale will not proceed if the title plans do not match.

Hi john

Thanks for that.
Do you know if this would take some time or is it a quick fix?

Mathy

It depends how the error came about but if your house is incorrectly registered it won't be a day or two. You will have to produce evidence of the error and regularise documents etc and might also involve some correspondance with you neighbour. At the least I'd say you are looking at several weeks.

The last one I was involved in started when the next door neighbour knocked on the door of my client a couple of weeks before Christmas just to say there was a problem with the land registry plan and they might have to get them mto sign a couple of letters to get it sorted. They were supposed to be moving out on the 4th January. They eventually moved at the end of April.

Get in touch with them straight away, when I bought my house I ordered the deeds and plans for every other house in the terrace including my own, cost me about £40 but they never actually send me the deeds to my own house.

It took me ages to get them and had to complain.

Everyone can make a mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back