landline phone connection

CallEdsFirst said:
What settings are available on the livebox? It must be similar to the BT Homehub with the ability to ring the phone plugged into it from the landline it plugs into for adsl purposes, no?

Yeah I can plug normal phone into it, I am running my portables from it currently.

Dont know if there are any other settings, cant find anything in the configuration to suggest anything

Sponsored Links
I tried once connecting my home phone to a socket where A came from one line & B from another.......Dialling the ringback number had it very confused.....!!

Why do you want it like this,post a reason and you will probably get more help,have you already got the second line you wish it to ring on or going to order one?

I want it like this so I can just use one set of portable phones in the house, to answer all calls - from internet phone and normal landline

Sponsored Links
You say you want to be able to answer all calls from one set of portable phones but always remember you need to have an 'ordinary' phone connected (even if set not to ring) for use in an emergency situation.

Such times may cause loss of electric that equals loss of phone system!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back