Landlord electric test C1 situations???

Stricktly speaking at a change of tenancy is a good idea anyway as it would become a good tool against rogue tenants....
... Yes, I think we've already agreed that it is probably a fairly good idea...
Kind Regards, John
It would be nice to think it would find things like this:
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/why-i-hate-domestics.507103/
2018-08-10-23-10-38-jpg.146307

However everything in that picture tested ok and was in a confined space so not an obvious thing to look for.

Sponsored Links
I'm a bit confused -are you really suggesting that all that was the work of the a tenant whose tenancy had just ended?

Kind Regards, John
That was a thread that I started last year and yes that has been attributed to a previous tenant and he went on to start again in his next tenancy

That was a thread that I started last year and yes that has been attributed to a previous tenant and he went on to start again in his next tenancy
Things on that scale must be very unusual, other than in the context of very long-term tenancies (in which case 'change of tenancy' hardly ever happens, anyway). Whilst tenants do sometimes 'meddle with' electrical installations (such that, as we have agreed, EICRs 'on change of tenancy' are not a bad idea), I very much doubt that many would do anything like as extensive as what you illustrated!

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Things on that scale must be very unusual, other than in the context of very long-term tenancies (in which case 'change of tenancy' hardly ever happens, anyway). Whilst tenants do sometimes 'meddle with' electrical installations (such that, as we have agreed, EICRs 'on change of tenancy' are not a bad idea), I very much doubt that many would do anything like as extensive as what you illustrated!

Kind Regards, John.
Too true, that was all lighting and half of it was outside lights. It has since been gone over thoroughly and that corner terminated in an adaptable box with some silliness removed. As I wrote in OP if it was in an enclosure no one would have given it a second thought (Apart from a CPC sleeved black being used as a neutral).
Realistically it's not a lot different to this:
:
full

other than it's not covered up with some random enclosure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back