landlords inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello and thanks to all that answer,

I have a RGI coming to do a landlords inspection on a combi boiler and just wanted to ask if the entire flue has to be exposed? although it is accessible it requires the removal of boxing witch is filled,corked and painted. should i remove it prior to his arrival or wait to see what he says?

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Ideally yes the whole flue should be exposed for inspection. However its down to each installer and their judgement. Also depends on the flue type involved.

If the flue lenght can be seen with mirrors and is a straight run it may be possible to check the flue sufficiently.

On some coaxial flues it is also possible to sample the air (with a FGA) to check joint integrity.

I suggest you cut inspection ports into the ductwork (large hole saw), since the flue will need inspection each time the LGSR is carried out.

I'd be very surprised if your rgi mentions it.
A Landlord's insprection does not require the full length of the flue to be inspected, nor are there any tests on a normal coaxial flue.
If he has some cause for concern, that's different.

Sponsored Links
Its a coaxial flue, but there are 2, 45degree bends in the boxing, will this cause any problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back