Landscaper Costs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a had a quote to landscape our small 40m2 (5meters width x 8 meters Length) back garden
And small front garden (5m wide x 2m length).
The will be replacing our current lawn with artificial grass, putting up new basic 5foot fence panels (around 8 panels) with concrete gravel boards and raise beds with a membrane to prevent moisture damaging the fence.
A shed base on a mortar bed.
Trellis will be secured to a concrete wall.
The current front garden will be completely removed and skipped.
2 new single skinwalls will be erected with railings on top of the wall and a new gate placed.
A path way base will be built and left for future path way to be placed.

Full cost inc labour, VAT, material and skip - £8700 (London area)

Extras if I want:
I also have a choice for another single brick skim wall - 3m x 0.8m with reclaimed bricks for £300.
Rear fence 6ft high close board panels with a 12 inch gravel board at the base fitted in concrete posts set in concrete - £636

I know this is not a cheap quote but the landscapers are reputable and have a long waiting list, so wouldn’t be able to carry to job out until October next year.
Is this price about right for getting someone in that we can trust to carry out a very good job that is guaranteed?
We really want the best as our kids can hardly go out in the rear garden at present due to how bad the last job was carrier out...

Sponsored Links
see its very difficult to say without seeing the job and asking how they are going to be doing the work.
as an example a woman asked for a price to slab the area where her front lawn was, I gave her a quote which included the slabs and all other materials, skips to get rid of the grass and soil, hardcore base etc.
I didn't get the job, which is ok, ya cant get every job you quote for.
anyway I was back there today as she has a problem with her shower.
she asked what I thought of her newly slabbed front, and I looked and it was obvious from the height and the way it was done that the slabs had been laid over the lawn on sand and cement then the sides cemented up and just sand brushed into the joints.
I just smiled and said yea it looks nice..................................

I have no idea what prices are in London, but "the landscapers are reputable and have a long waiting list"
that says it all, get them booked :)

London is a big place - if you are near the perimeter then look @ the nearby counties. But be aware that "people who live live a mobile lifestyle" are known for "landscaping " roofing, driveways etc. And they inhabit some counties more than others. Good or not a 1 year waiting list is a long wait.

Sponsored Links
With exception of the brick wall, this is all work well within the realms of a competent DIYer. If this guy is going to take a year then just stagger the work yourself and take on the jobs one at a time.

You'll also have the satisfaction that you've done it yourself at a quarter of the cost - so treat yourself to a holiday with the £5k you'll save.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back