Languages in Schools

Ive been learning urdu for a year, start second year next, 2 hours on a monday evening. I was gonna learn spanish but i dont meet many spanish and the way its going it will be the second language and maybe number one language in the future. The first year ive learnt a lot and can nearly read the urdu script. huda hafis ;)

Sponsored Links
Jbonding2 said:
Ive been learning urdu for a year, start second year next, 2 hours on a monday evening. I was gonna learn spanish but i dont meet many spanish and the way its going it will be the second language and maybe number one language in the future. The first year ive learnt a lot and can nearly read the urdu script. huda hafis ;)

I know a little Hindi (same language, different script, as I am sure you know). I wanted to learn a language I could use in this country, too.

Sponsored Links
Shame that Esperanto never really got of the ground as a universal second language.

Properly taught and used, it may prevent many misunderstandings.

Would be nice if they actually taught them anything in the schools.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

double dutch would be a good one to learn, my brother speaks cornish but hell! who's he gonna talk to?

notb665 said:
Jbonding2 said:

I know a little Hindi (same language, different script, as I am sure you know). I wanted to learn a language I could use in this country, too.

For years i would always think what the hell are they saying,whats happening is people are getting paranoid because thay think they are being talked about. Imagine everytime you walked into a shop and people started whispering and laughing then the same thing happened the next shop, day in day out you would get paranoid? I honestly think the language barrier causes 50% of the problems. If your gonna slag of this and that about what they are saying atleast learn what they are saying first :LOL: peer mi lengay ;)

Richardp said:
double dutch would be a good one to learn, my brother speaks cornish but hell! who's he gonna talk to?

To that man that speaks Manx :LOL:

notb665 said:
I think it is about time we stopped teaching French in schools. Metaphorically speaking it is no longer the closest different-language country - other countries are just as easy to get to.
Not without flying...

ban-all-sheds said:
notb665 said:
I think it is about time we stopped teaching French in schools. Metaphorically speaking it is no longer the closest different-language country - other countries are just as easy to get to.
Not without flying...

BAS
Suppose I better tell you about Kents best kept secret then

Sponsored Links
Back