Lanlord contract gone pearshaped.

Softus said:
It's one thing to advise someone to seek professional legal advice, but my question was meant to be directed at the following set of comments, all of which went beyond the simple redirection towards a solicitor that you've now dropped back to...

david + julie - julie said:
I would be very careful on this one...

david and said:
IT IS ESSENTIAL your solicitor does this and not you, the court will recognise and respect his view over yours.

david and julie said:
The landlord could throw your letter in the bin and deny all knowledge, whereas a court would believe your solicitor.

So, to answer your question, viz:

david (but no julie) said:
What grounds do you have for your comment and why am I wrong to advise the seeking of legal representation?
My grounds are that you overstepped the simple act of stating facts and recommending legal advice. I never said that you were wrong to advise seeking legal representation. I sincerely hope that The Wife does that, because she'll then discover that you were stating opinion, not facts.

My comment about being careful related to the condition of the building. The Wife did say the gas and the electrics were dangerous and that she was aware of this, but was holding it back from the HSE.

If someone had been subsequently injured or killed and it was proven she withheld the information from the official bodies, the business and the people themselves, if they were anything but limited, would be finished anyway.

Why are you trying to be clever with my name? you are carrying problems over from thread to thread which may suit your petty mind, but gives no regard to the person asking the question.

What legal qualifications do you hold?

Sponsored Links
ok guys, legal matters can get people all fired up.
So, I suggest a coffee....

Id rather we were all on the same side.

julie didn't write said:
My comment about being careful related to the condition of the building. The Wife did say the gas and the electrics were dangerous and that she was aware of this, but was holding it back from the HSE.

If someone had been subsequently injured or killed and it was proven she withheld the information from the official bodies, the business and the people themselves, if they were anything but limited, would be finished anyway.
Quite right - I was mistaken. I apologise for my error.

david said:
Why are you trying to be clever with my name?
I wasn't aware that I was trying to be clever, but your username is not your name; the way I've written it reflects what JulieL has written on this forum, whereas the way you write it doesn't.

david. That's all said:
you are carrying problems over from thread to thread which may suit your petty mind, but gives no regard to the person asking the question.
Regardless of what you think of my mind, which is a personal comment that you've seen fit to make, I am letting the person asking the question that your username is disingenuous.

david and a space where julie used to be said:
What legal qualifications do you hold?
I'm not claiming that I hold any, nor am I denying that I hold some. The right to post on the forum does not require that I disclose my credentials, or any other personal information about myself. BTW, it's grammatically incorrect to ask "What qualifications..." - it should be "Which qualifications...".

TheWife said:
ok guys, legal matters can get people all fired up.
So, I suggest a coffee....

Id rather we were all on the same side.
Sorry TheWife - I shouldn't have let myself be distracted. I am indeed on your side. I might even want to use your services wrt a rogue landlords register, and I might even like to pay for such a service :)

Sponsored Links
its already started. Currently have my landlords listed. And guess who is getting the do not recommend.... :LOL:

What I suspect is that there are a lot of landlord associations for student private accomodations / council....Its a big job to get their buy in and push them do make them accountable. But im sure, once the list grows and it gets some weight behind it...it will be enough to shame them into cleaning their act up.

TheWife said:
God, it can be such a cut throat business.

He really gives landlords a bad name. And I think it wont stop there......the same thing is going to happen to someone else too.

I welcome people like this all day long! Makes people behave themselves that much more, when they walk through my door!

I'm still trying to work out how your husband ended up signing this contract. Not having a dig, but an invoice and contract should look different!

Bazdaa said:
I welcome people like this all day long! Makes people behave themselves that much more, when they walk through my door!

I'm still trying to work out how your husband ended up signing this contract. Not having a dig, but an invoice and contract should look different!

Bazdaa....Thats appaulling. I would not wish this man on anyone....even someone who thinks he can not be duped. This is peoples livelyhood....

WOW....An interesting comment....but as they say Behaviour breeds behaviour.....Im not even going to go there with you :!:

What would be more amusing is if you did it Freddie :LOL:

Freddie the honeytrap

TheWife said:
Bazdaa said:

Bazdaa....Thats appaulling. I would not wish this man on anyone....even someone who thinks he can not be duped. This is peoples livelyhood....

WOW....An interesting comment....but as they say Behaviour breeds behaviour.....Im not even going to go there with you :!:

I meant the tenants, not you.

Not sure what you found offensive about my 2nd paragraph. But what I meant was that an invoice says pay me! and a contract is a bit extensive!

Freddie said:
TheWife said:
What would be more amusing is if you did it Freddie :LOL:

I'll give you one if you want, hubby can watch but i aint signing nothing , then we will all go round and kick the sh#t out of the w#nker

:oops: LOL. Dont forget your best frock and your Steel-Capped Stillettos.

Sponsored Links
Back