Laptop

Right, I understand that, so second had looks the way to go, Problem is, he's in the very south of Ireland, so even if he had a warranty, it would be almost useless and because he is so far from home and in rented accommodation, he's not keen on the bother of transporting a desktop around. Do you reckon a decent laptop would run his game after a fashion?

Sponsored Links
Yes a decent one will run it fine. The spec of the 3D card required for that game is very low. taking the Nvidia FX5600 as an example if you do a search on the internet you will see reviews dating back to 2003 for this. Although notebook 3D cards tend to be slower than the desktop equivilent (due to desktop ones using lots of power and generating lots of heat) you will still find that a modern notebook 3D card is still much faster than the minimum spec the game requires.
The reason your current notebook doesnt run the game is not because it is too slow but that it simply does not have the 3D graphics feature.

2x Nvidia Geforce 8700M GT 256Mb SLI
Came across one with this card spec, would that be sufficient?
Or this 512MB NVIDIA Quadro® FX 2500M graphics

Yes the 8700M chip was released in 2007 and you basically have two of them linked together to improve the performance even further. It would even run the latest 3D games if you turn down some of the detail.

Sponsored Links
The Quadro card is more of a professional 3D card for the likes of CAD. It would run games but the performance wont be as good as an actual gaming 3D card.

I wondered about that, it was advertised as the ideal gaming machine but the spec was more business orientated.
Thanks for your help, i've had more helpful tips from you than all the rest put together. No doubt i'll be back.

I don't know if there is an add-on for the additional laptop, for a graphics accelerator in the PCM/CIA card slot? I think it's called? Can the memory not be upgraded, and then shared in the BIOS, to provide more power for the video side of it?

But I think I recall a friend of mine having this game, or similar, and saying not compatible with video card, due to ActiveX or Flash issues, on his Mac, and he had a Mac pro, eventually sorted the issue, and was due to bad programming, as you got a linear screen display, with blobs running up and down. Nothing technical. So maybe on install there is an option to disable extra graphics? Or buy the previous game to this (they are all sequals anyway), and download latest stats.

Or download any fixes that may be available. Good luck, hardly a game to test a very slow lappy, never mind a 3 year old one could the laptop be faulty?

You tell me what a 28 yr old has on his laptop, suffice to say , when he was home last Christmas, his 25 yr old sister offered to have a look at it and maybe clear it out a bit(she knows more about them) Permission denied.

I don't know if there is an add-on for the additional laptop, for a graphics accelerator in the PCM/CIA card slot? I think it's called? Can the memory not be upgraded, and then shared in the BIOS, to provide more power for the video side of it?

But I think I recall a friend of mine having this game, or similar, and saying not compatible with video card, due to ActiveX or Flash issues, on his Mac, and he had a Mac pro, eventually sorted the issue, and was due to bad programming, as you got a linear screen display, with blobs running up and down. Nothing technical. So maybe on install there is an option to disable extra graphics? Or buy the previous game to this (they are all sequals anyway), and download latest stats.

Or download any fixes that may be available. Good luck, hardly a game to test a very slow lappy, never mind a 3 year old one could the laptop be faulty?

That's what I wondered but don't know enough about it, we are pretty rural around here so don't have easy access to professional advice. You talk to Dell but they are only interested in selling you a "package" they don't actually have any knowledge if you stray off topic.

INTEL CORE 2 DUO. GRAPHICS ATI HD 4570 512MB GAMING CARD. 3GB DDR3 MEMORY RAM. 320GB HARD DRIVE. BLUETOOTH

Guy is looking for £345 for a laptop with this spec. A. Will it do the job? B. Is the price about right? Thanks for any advice.

I had a similar problem when buying stepson's laptop. I paid about £100 extra for an AMD based HP laptop with graphics chip. It plays the 3D football game videos although it gets quite warm.

I'm wondering would the ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 graphics processor be good enough?

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/homelaptops/product.php?id=VX873EA for £500

I think HP have world-wide support so might be OK in Eire too.

That would be fine also. Basically any notebook released within the last 3 years or so will work fine as long as it has a proper 3D video card built in. The speed of the video card the game requires is very low (minimum spec is for video cards released over 8 years ago)
As I said before speed or memory is not an issue. It is whether or not the notebook has the 3D video capability.

The graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.
Hi would this run Championship Manager 2010? The other stuff seems ok

Sponsored Links
Back