Laptop

Had another thought, maybe the DirectX driver hasn't been upgraded to the latest version? Should be 9(c?) on XP and all before, 10 on Vista? But surely the game would report the issue?

Sponsored Links
Thing is, I have to be sure it will run the game, as he is quite happy with his present Laptop apart from the fact it wont run it. I had somone running some of these cards through Canirunit.com and it said no.

Given the extra outlay i would recommend going for a laptop with 1gb video if you can justify the extra premium. Also a min of i3.

It should give you a few more years of compatibility.

Sponsored Links
Right guys here we go again graphics card, NVIDAI GEFORCE 9600M GT TURBO CACHE.
I've missed a couple over the weekend due to the doubt hanging over them re graphics cards, my mate has been running them through one of these sites that tells you if your softwear is compatible and most came back with at best a grey tick. these are the requirements
Operating System: XP with Service pack 2 or Vista
Processor: Intel 3GHz P4 or dual core intel / AMD equivalent
Memory: 1Gb
Graphics: Direct X 9 compatible. 128 Mb nVidia FX5600, ATi Radeon 9800 or equivalent
Soundcard: Direct X 9.0c compatible
Hard Drive: 3Gb + additional space required for CM Season Live™

Not sure about cpu

The easiest way would be to see how old the notebook is. If its over 3 years old then I wouldnt touch it for other reasons like the battery is probably dieing etc... If its 3 years old or newer then the processor will be up to the job (unless its a netbook but it wont have 3d graphics in that case either).

Back