Larder/pantry removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove a larder/pantry wall in the kitchen which I will get a builder to do, the wall in question is a none supporting wall I have lifted the floor boards and the top of the wall is there in the kitchen, but at one end of this wall there is a 3x2 joist fixed in the wall, this 3x2 joist is holding up the stairs floorwell on the winder. Above this 3x2 joist there is an actual floor joist so is ethical for me to use metal joist straps between the floor joist and the 3x2 joist that is supporting the stairswell so when I remove the pantry wall the stairwell don't collaspe , cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic. Oh and if something structural bears onto the wall its load bearing, which as you said this does.

Hi there sorry I can't post a picture, but the 3x2 spar is just supporting the winder landing about six bits of tongue&groove flooring, I was exlaining the problem to a builder today and he could not see any problem with what I want to do so it's crash bang wallop this weekend, cheers

Sponsored Links
Yippee,
Success at last my stairwell is still inplace after doing my alterations not bad for a lorry driver, I'll think and get retrained and be a bodger because every bugger wants to be a lorry driver, :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back