Large diameter pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect a 2.5 inches steel pipe to an 1 inch pipe. It is in tight space and has a wooden floor underneath, see the pictures.

I looked at electric pipe threader but they go up to 2 inches.

Any ideas as how to connect a reducer to the 2.5 inches pipe? What options do I have?

-Any threader that can do 2.5 inches?
-Pressure fit?
-Welding, like TIG welding?

IMG_20191005_122510.jpg
IMG_20191005_122459.jpg

Sponsored Links
This is for central heating, radiators water circulation.
We change most pipes but this one we need to connect with the new pipes.

This is for central heating, radiators water circulation

Are you sure it's for radiators ..... do you live in a warehouse?

If it is for radiators then a custom fit welded connection would probably be the best option.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is an old house that was converted to modern system with combi boiler but left some old pipes. To this one I have no access to change the whole of it. I need to fit a reducer from 2 1/2 inches to smaller diameter.

Welding looks a bit dodgy in the right space and the wooden flooring underneath.

You have access to the other end I take it? Can't you just thread a new pipe through that one? You mention reducing to 1", you could possibly thread a 28mm plastic pipe through that size of pipe, length and numbers of tight bends dependent of course.

Great, many thanks!
That primofit adaptor will solve my problem, I may use it also for some smaller diameter pipes instead of rending an electric threading tool.

PS: the other option would be to destroy some of the recently new kitchen done by the previous owner and some basement walls underneath...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back