large domestic heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
new to site, this is first post and im after picking your collective brains...
Im a domestic installer, got a luvly big job on at the mo, big old timber framed norwegian mansion, 8/9 bedrooms, 600m2 floor area over two floors with large cellar underneath.
I'm fitting two intergas system boilers, a 30kw and a 40kw, with the total load about 55kw for the rads (35 in total) and leaving 10kw for the cylinders.
would appreciate any tips or advice anyone can offer with regards to the best way of doing the install.
i'm fitting a couple of 300l unvented cylinders for the hot water supply-theres going to be three kitchens, five showers, two baths and a few of the bedrooms still have basins in.
i'm splitting the heating it into four zones- downstairs main house- annexe-upstairs main house and upstairs annexe, with rf prog room stats and am considering using a low loss header to keep the flow rate through the boiler within tolerance.
the boilers will be sited in the cellar so the vertical head of the system will be about 5m.
was thinking of running 28mm from the boilers to the header (if i use it) then 28 to the pumps-one for upstairs and one for downstairs-and splitting the 28 into two 22mm's for each circuit. separate pump on 22mm for the cylinders.
any and all advice appreciated....

be nice, im new.... :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Register for the combustion chamber.

In there you'll find the most experienced collective of "Gashers". Not to mention system installers.

Perhaps the odd schematic or two.

was thinking of running 28mm from the boilers to the header (if i use it) then 28 to the pumps-one for upstairs and one for downstairs-and splitting the 28 into two 22mm's for each circuit. separate pump on 22mm for the cylinders.

:

Ok i'll be nice , 28mm aint gonna cut it , velocity will be around 1.6 m/s (20dt) :p............... or 3.3 m/s if using 10dt. :p :p

Sponsored Links
the boilers will be sited in the cellar so the vertical head of the system will be about 5m.
Interesting, but is it relevant?

Totally irrelevant as you say , is the OP really a domestic installer???? ;) ....or any type of installer for that matter. :eek: :eek: :LOL: ;)

Tis what we call in the trade 'a box slinger' :D

I'm trying really hard to be nice but those pints of Guinness are tellin me otherwise. :mrgreen:

Mr Moffski, what is the dynamic pressure and flow rate of mains water into the property?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back