Large Garden Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Via my local council self-assessment form I dont need planning permission but of course there will be building regs.

The situation is my garden is 120ft x 30ft, I plan to build a man shed / summerhouse bigger than 30m2. I have tried to get the answer from the council with no joy so thought I'd ask here.

For a large shed of a wooden structure ( no toilet etc ) what are the building regs?

Seen it will need at least a 150mm concrete base, but like for the walls what type of would or cladding and insulation , Cant seem to find a guide anywhere

Is there a guide I can read as i want to comply . And I will get the electrics done by a professional.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read it needs to be a 1 m away from the boundaries which it will be and will be no taller to the eaves than 2.5m , Just the issue it will be bigger than 30m2 so I dont mind going down the regs route but just after an idea or guide.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read it needs to be a 1 m away from the boundaries which it will be and will be no taller to the eaves than 2.5m , Just the issue it will be bigger than 30m2 so I dont mind going down the regs route but just after an idea or guide.
If its 1m from the boundary and under 30 sq m then it will be exempt from B Regs, the 2.5m height refers to planning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Its going to be bigger than 30m2 , Thats why ive been trying to find a guide, IE what size wood or type for the framework and roof joists etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I read it as 30 sq m. D'oh! how far from the boundaries, are you bordered by roads/footpaths etc your main issues could be fire seperation.
There is no specific guide for garden sheds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to build a metre away from all boundaries and no there are no roads or footpaths

Sponsored Links