Large Garden Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Via my local council self-assessment form I dont need planning permission but of course there will be building regs.

The situation is my garden is 120ft x 30ft, I plan to build a man shed / summerhouse bigger than 30m2. I have tried to get the answer from the council with no joy so thought I'd ask here.

For a large shed of a wooden structure ( no toilet etc ) what are the building regs?

Seen it will need at least a 150mm concrete base, but like for the walls what type of would or cladding and insulation , Cant seem to find a guide anywhere

Is there a guide I can read as i want to comply . And I will get the electrics done by a professional.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have read it needs to be a 1 m away from the boundaries which it will be and will be no taller to the eaves than 2.5m , Just the issue it will be bigger than 30m2 so I dont mind going down the regs route but just after an idea or guide.

I have read it needs to be a 1 m away from the boundaries which it will be and will be no taller to the eaves than 2.5m , Just the issue it will be bigger than 30m2 so I dont mind going down the regs route but just after an idea or guide.
If its 1m from the boundary and under 30 sq m then it will be exempt from B Regs, the 2.5m height refers to planning.

Sponsored Links
Hi Its going to be bigger than 30m2 , Thats why ive been trying to find a guide, IE what size wood or type for the framework and roof joists etc.

Sorry I read it as 30 sq m. D'oh! how far from the boundaries, are you bordered by roads/footpaths etc your main issues could be fire seperation.
There is no specific guide for garden sheds.

I was going to build a metre away from all boundaries and no there are no roads or footpaths

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back