LARGE HOLE DOWNLIGHTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am looking for a way of converting a downlighter with a 200mm diameter hole in the ceiling to a GU10 fitting.

I have already bought converters for the smaller fittings, with normal sized bulbs, but these fittings have large spotlight bulbs in and measure 200mm diameter.

Anyone know if there is a converter for 200mm holes?

Any alternatives to doing it this way?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The converter kits supplied in the UK, only generally go up to 140mm.
So I would suggest some remedial work to the ceiling, it is not that difficult.

Any alternatives to doing it this way?
Yes - keep the holes as they are, or possibly make them slightly larger, and install lights which are actually designed to light up rooms, not make the holes smaller so that you can install recessed 2" torches. Not only are those not designed to light up rooms, they are actively designed to not do that. i.e. it's not just that they haven't tried to make them suitable, they have deliberately tried to make them unsuitable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

As you say, cant find any converters in the UK larger than 140mm.

I appreciate the sentiment, BAN ALL SHEDS, part of the kitchen/diner will be lit 'normally'

I may get one of the 200mm holes converted to a pendant over the breakfast bar, by a 'man that can'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back