laser cutter

E

EddieM

Anyone got one, looks a tasty bit of kit, and fairly reasonably priced these days.

Sponsored Links
Dont know anyone who has one.
The small ones seem like expensive toys for hobbyists.

My brother has one, from memory it was about 12k but this was quite a few years back, there's cheaper ones now but they'll be the Chinese ones and are water cooled, brothers isn't but has an extractor fan for the little bit of smoke it creates, here's a YouTube link with a few of his projects on, he works in motorsport building engines so a lot of his stuff is motorsport based, he also makes bespoke one off or low production run stickers that bigger companies aren't interested in as it doesn't pay due to the set up costs to make 3 stickers, he also designs and stickers up teams steering wheels, mainly Le Man cars, the special stickers glow at night in the cockpit when shone with black light which we can't see

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAPGraphics

Faced with having to make 80 kits of parts for decorative lanterns from balsa wood

large lantern kit.jpg

I used a small company to cut them with a laser cutter and the results were excellent.

Sponsored Links
wouldn't look at a hobbyist job, but they really have come down into the (expensive) but not totally out of reach range these days.

I'm quite lucky, my friend has access to quite a big laser cutter (used to make modular building wall panels!).

He made me some flywheel adapters out of 10mm steel last job.

Couldn't justify owning one!.

I bought a plasma cutter for making my bellhousing adapters and it worked very well through 10mm steel plate.

He made me an 8mm and 10mm flywheel spacer and a 5mm output coupler spacer.

He did the CAD programs for the machine.

20190610_154743.jpg
20190610_154736.jpg
20190523_175644.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back