Late frost - this morn' !

Sponsored Links
And to think that in just over seven weeks time, the dark nights start drawing in again. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
The daylight change doesn't mean much because August, September, even October have very nice days. I do a lot of outdoor volunteering so I get to see the summer. I couldn't go back to 5 days a week office, fukc that.

The frost was evident early morning - around 06:00 or a little earlier.
Gone by 07:30

Been watching some strange behaviour in the Atlantic, for some while, successive low pressure systems stemming from around NE Americas and Greenland having been tracking Eastward nearer the 45th parallel rather than more Northerly toward the 65th, hence they tend to swing up over us and not across the top end, near, and preferably over, the old jocks.
Be interesting if the trend continues into next winter from the outset - But then, the '61-62 winter was not repeated (at all) for us in the west country. So lets hope the weather systems swing high and not low.

-0-

The daylight change doesn't mean much because August, September, even October have very nice days. I do a lot of outdoor volunteering so I get to see the summer. I couldn't go back to 5 days a week office, fukc that.
"Outdoor volunteering"? Is that the new word for raiding skips for rubbish?
No wonder you suffer from skin infections, carrying all those bags of rubbish around with you all the time.

Is that the PC term for "community service" nowadays? :mrgreen:

"Outdoor volunteering"? Is that the new word for raiding skips for rubbish?
No wonder you suffer from skin infections, carrying all those bags of rubbish around with you all the time.

:D:D:D

I do a lot of outdoor maintenance work in parks and gardens. And it is voluntary in the sense that if I don't turn up one day the coppers don't come looking for me.

Good on ya for volunteering, often think this country would be a little nicer if more people volunteered to look after it.

Good on ya for volunteering, often think this country would be a little nicer if more people volunteered to look after it.

There are tonnes of schemes all over the place just make a rule never to pay to work for free!!! I.e. if they want a CRB check they can pay for it.

Sponsored Links
Back