Taking a homeowner to court

We're all different. Some people like a fight, some like paying lawyers, and some like peace.
If the problems continue it can ruin your life, destroy your marriage, drive you insane.

I moved because of an idiot neighbour, I was OK, but he was driving my wife crazy. We are now in a much better place - better home, nicer garden, nicer people around us, and it's bloody peaceful.

Sometimes moving is the most positive and empowering thing you can do. Don't think of it as running away, but moving forward with your life.
Agreed...As I said....Pick fights wisely..agreed..Awful situation to be in.If no solution..yes.Move

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump up this old thread.
Can I pose a question to you good people - Do you need planning permission to build an outdoor standalone chimney?

If an outbuilding is within 2m of a boundary, it should not be more than 2.5m tall.

If an outbuilding is within 2m of a boundary, it should not be more than 2.5m tall.

The chimney is in the middle of the garden next to the fence. It was part of an outbuilding , which has now been demolished and the chimney is now on it's own. Another outbuilding has been built by X at the end of the garden but is far away from this chimney.

I was thinking of building a barbie deck with a hood and chimney to take the smoke away to protect neighbours. I wonder if that counts.

To clarify??

There is an existing chimney "structure" that at one time was incorporated into a Building that has been demolished, leaving only this chimney??

Doesn't that still count as an "outbuilding"?

You'd have to clarify it by looking up planning rules.

To clarify??

There is an existing chimney "structure" that at one time was incorporated into a Building that has been demolished, leaving only this chimney??

Yes. I will try posting a pic tomorrow.

My. Neighbour complained about my wheely bin on my front lawn

He was trying to. Flog his house at the time reckoned it lowered the tone of the neighbour hood

I just ignored him but he knocked on. My door grizzeling a couple weeks later

Told him. To. Go. And do one

Never liked him.

Any way he has moved now

Had another bloke grizzeling from. Up the road at 3pm.one afternoon when I started up my Norton

Said he was eating his tea :confused:

Eat with yer ears do u than I. Said

Told him. To go and do one as well. He has since snuffed it

Sponsored Links
Back