Killed by death

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sad to hear that Lemmy met his maker yesterday, having somehow survived for 70 years and producing some top music. Some say he got his nickname from his habit of saying "lemme a quid till Friday" but he says he does not know where it came from. He was the son of a chaplain who abandoned Lemmy's mother a few months after giving birth.

He never considered Motorhead to be metal, saying he played rock and roll.

Planet Rock are doing tribute shows to him today, worth listening if you like his music. I like some of the later stuff, but Lemmy, Fast Eddie and Philphy Animal were the best line up in my view.

Sponsored Links
Never liked him. Didn't know he was in Hawkwind though.

Sponsored Links
I'm a bit of a rocker, but never really took to Motorhead. Still a shame he's gone though.

It's odd just how subjective and personal it is.
I've played guitar for years, but unlike most other players I know, I have little time for the likes of Satriani, Clapton and Hendrix for example.
I also dislike the very fast heavy metal kind of playing. To me it just sounds non descriptive and kind of messy?

I way prefer the more deliberate and memorable playing of Gilmour / Knopfler for example. Mind you, Setzer will always remain my favourite - just something about the way he plays that appeals to me. As above though, you can't ignore the Blackmore either - the track "Lazy" springs to mind.

It's odd just how subjective and personal it is.
Very true
I've played guitar for years, but unlike most other players I know, I have little time for the likes of Satriani, Clapton and Hendrix for example.
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even Stevie Ray Vaughn? Tony Iommi, Angus Young? etc etc :eek:
I way prefer the more deliberate and memorable playing of Gilmour / Knopfler for example. Mind you, Setzer will always remain my favourite - just something about the way he plays that appeals to me. As above though, you can't ignore the Blackmore either - the track "Lazy" springs to mind.
Gilmour good, Blackmore good too, but ignoring the above? eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk :p

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/killed-by-death.449613/#ixzz3vkS5kD00

I do like Angus Young......Seen them live as well..........:cool:
Ok mate. When I was in NZ a year ago, I spotted a number plate on a car. Underneath the plate number was written - whole lotta Rosie :D Cool or what? Still can't understand why you don't like Clapton etc. One of the best guitarist in the Universe

I do like Angus Young......Seen them live as well..........:cool:
Ok mate. When I was in NZ a year ago, I spotted a number plate on a car. Underneath the plate number was written - whole lotta Rosie :D Cool or what? Still can't understand why you don't like Clapton etc. One of the best guitarist in the Universe
Hard to explain really - just doesn't do it for me. Never liked Hendrix either.....

Maybe I'm just weird? - don't answer that!........:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back