Latest forum problem.....

DIYnot

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fixed.

We're working on trying to improve things so that this kind of thing wont happen again. (hopefully etc.)

Thanks for your patience. :)

Sponsored Links
I think after yesterday's performance, i could live with the MYSQL messages!!! I'm still getting incorrect reply numbers (says 3 replies on list, then i go in and theres 10 pages worth of replies etc)

So whats the current problem?? Index up the scew, can post, but get an odd message.....

Sponsored Links
DIYnot said:
fixed.

We're working on trying to improve things so that this kind of thing wont happen again. (hopefully etc.)

Thanks for your patience. :)
Are you talking about the "Could not insert new word matches" message? I posted a number of replies and started a new topic in "Electrics in the UK" yesterday - one of the replies is there, but another is missing, and my new topic didn't appear (dammit - I didn't save the text!). :(

Should I be able to add the new topic now?

Cheers,

Howard

Adding new topics & replies should be ok, we did notice one topic where the number of replies didnt match the actual, we'll try and sort that out overnight (so it doesnt impact on the forum too much).

I'll let you know how things go. :)

DIYnot
Im very glad to see the forum up an running again ;)

I did post some comments, an a few threads that have vanished , wether this be a good thing ,lol
I dont know *grin*,
my comments to the owners here was,
have you not thought about making the site MORE commercial ?
as you have lots of members here maybe it would generate you a good income ?
just a thought :)

anyway its geat to see you back
Cheers
moz

Moz said:
have you not thought about making the site MORE commercial ?
as you have lots of members here maybe it would generate you a good income ?
Hi Moz
They have: see find a supplier and find an expert, but I think there are indeed better ways to make it a bit more commercial without being a nuisance. If you look at the Ebuild site you can find lists of suppliers (who pay for the honour ;) per category, not the way you have to do here by searching for a specific trade/product on town or postcode.

BTW DIY-not, what happened to my ad on find a supplier? Also a result of the latest problems, or something else?

WoodYouLike
Hi ...
I have seen that Ebuild site .....but with the ammount of traffic this site gets Im sure the owners here could make quite a bit *more* money , as you say without turning the site into a nuisance.
just my rambling/thoughts really lol :)

Sponsored Links
Back