1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawful Development Certificate, How long is valid for.

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by valdich, 14 Feb 2020.

1. valdich

valdich

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Good morning All

Can anyone please advise how long is lawful development certificate valid for (Typical loft conversion mid-terrace house)
    I have submitted an application in 22 of march 2017 and decision has been made in 17 of May 2017, is this certificate still valid?

Thanks in advance

2. LukeB123

LukeB123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There isn't a length that an LDC is valid for. It is just a document that says at the time it is granted, the development is lawful.

With a loft conversion (assuming you have a rear dormer or something similar too) I don't think there's been any real national policy change in permitted development since May 2017 in regards to dormer windows that would mean your LDC isn't valid, so you should be fine.

The only issue may be if things have changed locally or on site since the submission (I.E. you have had other extensions or alterations to the house / roof, the land has been classified as a conservation area, new Article 4 directions etc etc). Aside to this you are probably fine to carry out the works under that Certificate still. Double check with the Local Authority who issued it if you have further concerns.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. valdich

valdich

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you.

5. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For life (the house's not yours) if it's certifying existing development

Valid up until the next change of planning policy if the development has not been significantly started

6. Sponsored Links