Lawnmower recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Sorry for the repeat threat but hey ho.

Gardens are 100m2 and 75m2.
Not show lawns by any means and i am not the most regular mower.

I like to keep the grass a little longer, usually using mid settings on the height.

My old 18", 140cc petrol mower has died. Time for a new one.

I'm looking at getting a corded electric mower. 15-16 " blade. 1600+ watts.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

New Petrol mowers are expensive and i don't think the power is worth the effort,money, space, etc

Battery looks ok but is expensive and batteries don't last the life of the mower (or do they?)

Corded electric looks great. Lightweight, no corrosion, easy to store, cheap, etc but has the downside of a cord which i can work around.

Sponsored Links
My lawn is smaller, and have moved to a manual cylinder mower, that said I could easily do something your size with it.

My previous was an inherited petrol, but was a faff to start and I didn't like using it. Considered corded, but thought I'd try manual instead, I bought a Webb 12" cylinder, but it wasn't that good. So changed to the 18" which is a different beast, has 9 cutting heights, 25-75mm.

Webb 18"

None of my business and not answering your question either but I'd still go for a Honda Izy 18" petrol for a lawn that size.
Second pull starting guaranteed!
John :)

Cords are a pita, would go for a petrol izy, been very happy with mine, no rust, completely reliable and starts easily. IMO battery mowers are only suitable for smaller gardens in dry conditions, so if it hsd to be electric I would still go corded.

Blup

Sponsored Links
I was given a Hyundai petrol mower as the owner kept having problems starting it. Apart from reconnecting a breather hose and putting some petrol in it, after pushing the priming the bulb 5 times as described on the machine, it’s starts first pull every time. I only have a relatively small garden but I find this petrol mower much more convenient than my old corded one. I’d never go back. It’s a 99cc basic one. I think they only do a 79cc one now but they are only £200 new. My mate bought a cordless lawnmower and was all boastful about it. 4 years on, the batteries are ****ed and they are not cheap to buy. He's not boasting now. Definitely petrol for me, even in the smallest of gardens. There’s something about using a petrol powered machine for me that makes cutting grass a pleasure and not a chore. I can’t wait for the grass to grow! :giggle:

FE64C4C5-5AD0-44CA-B38F-F5873AF71367.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back